Pages that Visitors to Most Website will Find Useful
There are a few kinds of pages that you may want to consider using when building a website. You already understand how to organize the answers to the questions of your readers, but let's review a few classic page types that can be used to further your reader's understanding.
The About Us Page
This is an important page. It will help your readers understand who is behind the website. It is becoming increasingly important for readers and search engines to know a little about the people behind a website.
An about page is a good place to describe you and / or your team. It is the appropriate place to explain why you have chosen to do what you do, how you do your job, and your ethics. A glimpse of the actors responsible for the site is also a nice way to reassure and inform your reader.
It is also a good idea to provide links to any other web presence you think relevant for your readers and Google. For example, a link to your Facebook page, your blog or a collection of pictures on Unsplash.
See more information about using social networks on our promote your site guide
The Contact Page
The contact page is a secure form that your readers can use to contact you. The captcha at the bottom of the published contact page will hinder automated spam programs so you can be sure that only real human readers of your website will be able to contact you.
- You can choose to include your phone number, or display your office hours.
- Sometimes a Google Map showing where you are can be useful. However, if the location of your business is an important aspect of your activity you may prefer to create a dedicated page.
The Location Page
It is not always necessary to have a Location page: For example, if you offer a world wide service, it is probably not useful to have one. A “from where” could however be a nice addition. For location based businesses like restaurants or services that i offered in person a “where” page is essential.
- Providing or repeating your address is a nice first step.
- This is also the ideal place to add a Google Map. To provide a Google Map you just need to add a new block, and in the "Special" tab, choose the Map option. Then just customize your map to show your location by following the simple directions.
- Some businesses will find it useful to add a simplified map or indicate directions so that visitors are able to easily find their way to the business location.
- Last but not least, if your location is an important part of your presentation, you should consider creating a Google My Business listing.
The Links Page
A links page is a good way to provide your readers with extra information, to help answer questions they may have that fall outside of what you present on your website.
Now that the content of your site is complete it is time totest your website again and make final adjustments.